This article explains how to connect an USB printer to the Orbi router. Netgear Orbi router allows you to connect an USB printer to your network for ReadyShare network printing. If you want to share your printer with multiple computers over a network, then connect it directly to your wireless router. It allows you to print to the device from any connected computer.
Here’s how to connect an USB printer to the Orbi router
Step 1: Connect USB printer to the Orbi router
- First of all, you need to connect the printer to your router with an USB cable.
- Take an USB cable, connect its one end to the USB port on the printer and another end into the USB port on the Orbi device.
- Now, plug in the printing machine to a power source and switch on the power supply.
- After that, plug in the Orbi router to a wall outlet and turn it on.
Step 2: Install the printer driver software
- The next task is to install the necessary printer driver on the computer system on which you want to access the printer.
- You need to install the driver software on each computer system to which you want to connect your printer.
- If you have a setup CD then insert it into the CD ROM and follow the onscreen instructions.
- In case, you have lost the installation CD, then visit the printer’s support site and download the driver for your printer model and save the installation file on your desktop.
Step 3: Add your Printer
- Head over to your computer and click on the Start button.
- Then, click on the Control Panel.
- Now, tap on the Devices and Printers.
- Click on the Add a Printer and then tap on the Add a Local Printer option.
- Next, select the USB port related to your printer model.
- Click on the Browse button to select the downloaded printer driver to install it.
- After that, choose the option Replace the current driver and then click Next.
- You would be asked to share your printer to other computer devices.
- Click on the Share this printer option.
Orbi router won’t connect to printer
Follow the steps mentioned below if your printing is not connecting to your Orbi router.
- Try rebooting your Orbi router, computer device, as well as printer.
- Check if the USB cable is properly connected from the printer to your router.
- Try disabling the firewall and Antivirus on your client device.
- If nothing works, reset your Orbi router to the factory defaults.
These were some tips on how to connect an USB printer to the Orbi router. If you have more queries, then you can ask our technicians on their helpline number.