Netgear comes with wifi home systems that are capable of providing internet in the entire home. No matter where you are at your home, you will get high wifi range. If you want to expand the range of your home network or to blanket your entire home with wifi then install the orbi router setup.
Netgear Orbi router is one of the best wifi devices that can cover up to 5000 sq. ft. area. This device provides you up to 450 Mbps of speed on 2.4 GHz band and speed of up to 866 Mbps on each of the 5 GHz band. Two satellites are provided with the router which works as an extender and extends the signal of the main router to blanket your entire home.
The Orbi router setup is very easy as it takes only a few minutes. Even you are non-technical, you would be able to set up this device very easily. You can set up the Orbi router in two ways. Either you can use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the router or you can set up a wireless connection between your mobile phone and orbi router. Also, you can use the Orbi WPS setup method. This blog shows you how to set up the Orbi router.
Orbi Router Setup:
Here are the steps to install your Orbi router along with Orbi Satellite:
- Connect the Orbi Router:
- Initially, connect your modem to the LAN port of your router using an Ethernet cable that came with your router.
- Now, connect the power adapter to your router and plug the power adapter into the power outlet.
- Place the Orbi satellite at a central point at your home to extend the Wifi signals throughout your home.
- Connect the satellite to the mains like the Orbi router for its power supply.
- Now sync your satellite with the Orbi router.
Note: If the satellite unit came with your Orbi WiFi System then the satellite attempts to sync with your router. But if you bought an add-on satellite then you have to sync your satellite with router manually.
- Sync the Orbi Satellite:
- First of all, apply the power supply to the Orbi satellite.
- Press the “Sync” button on the back of your satellite, and within two minutes, press the “Sync” button on the back of your Orbi router.
- Next, wait for the satellite to sync with the Orbi router. The LED on the satellite lights white while it attempts to sync with your Orbi router.
- Connect to the Network and Set up the Orbi Router:
- When you connect to the network, use a web browser to access the router to configure its settings.
- Enter orbi login address which is orbilogin.com or orbi login ip in the address bar of your browser to start the installation process.
- Next, the Orbi admin login page displays on the computer’s screen when you enter the Orbi login address.
- Now, follow the online instructions and your router will connect to the network.
- Log in to the Orbi Router:
- In order to log in the Orbi router, enter the default login credentials on the Orbi login page.
- The user-name for the router is “Admin”.
- And the password is “Password”.
- Next, the basic home page display in front of you.
So this was all about the Orbi router setup process. Now, you can easily modify or control the functions of your wireless router. In case you face an issue while setting up your router then call us on our 24×7 Toll-Free number because we are here to help you in the best possible way.